One of the secrets of a successful move is of course preparation. Here at Interstates Van Lines, we have gathered some of the most popular and useful moving & packing tips that will make your moving experience so much easier and enjoyable. For any question you have, Interstates Van Lines has prepared a proper answer that we hope you’ll find useful through your moving process.
1. Plan your moving while making reservations for movers two to four weeks before the actual move day.
- If you have large appliances make sure you find all the instructions manuals and check for special conditions.
3. Make sure there is a box packed with essential items you might need immediately and make it the last thing to add to the truck.
- As soon as you decide it’s time to move, start cleaning your closets, attic and basement.
- Schedule all the disconnects a week before the moving day so you prevent unnecessary payments.
- Mail in your change of address forms about a week before the moving date.
1. Don’t mix items from different rooms in the same box.
- Use only small boxes for books as they get heavy really fast. Remember: the heavier the item – the smaller the box.
- When packing dishes, stick them upwards.
- Pack important documents and papers separately to be easily accessible.
- Never use duct tape, Use only packing tape.
- Label all the boxes on the top and sides.
- Try to pack all your electronic equipment in their original boxes.
8. Don’t use boxes without top. Remember: Always tape the boxes and don’t interlock the tops.